Methods & Communication
Pawel Swieboda and the Russian Ambassador to the EC Vladimir Chizhov listening to Dr. Michael Spindelegger's speech at the 12th European Forum in November 2008. © Rainer Mirau Photography
The AIES uses different methods, instruments and forums for executing their wide range of tasks including the following:
- elaborating basic materials on Europe and ESDP-related issues;
- carrying out studies and preparing analyses and comprehensive expert assessments ;
- issuing scientific publications contributing to awareness rising;
- organising expert meetings, lectures und discussions;
- organising international symposia, workshops and seminars as well as collaborating in international expert conferences;
- Information and Public Relations;
- creating a pool of experts on Europe and its security policy;
- interacting with affiliated research institutions and universities both in Austria and abroad as well as with similar European and International institutions;
- organising and holding lectures in Austria and abroad;
- collaborating with all relevant academic, political, economic, social and military institutions as well as with the media and civil organisations.
The AIES makes use of different publication formats. In AIES-Focus topics of current interest are discussed in the form of short analyses. The AIES-Studies provide an in depth-discussion of questions regarding the above mentioned fields of research. Both formats are provided on the homepage of the AIES in PDF-format. In the scientific series of the AIES all monographs and miscellanies on Europe and its security policy are published in conventional book form.